PANTRY FOOD SOURCES
TEFAP - The Emergency Food Assistance Program is administered by BCOC in Bucks County. Pennridge FISH receives food supplies monthly from the federal government from the allocation to Bucks County. To learn more Click on the following link TEFAP
SFPP - STATE FOOD PURCHASE PROGRAM is administered by BCOC in Bucks County. This is a Pennsylvania State sponsored program where Pennridge FISH receives an allocation from BCOC to purchase food for distribution to clients in the Pennridge Community. To learn more Click on the following Link SFPP.
PHILABUNDANCE distributes food through a network of close to 500 member agencies throughout the Delaware Valley. Pennridge FISH is a member agency which purchases product at a reduced [shared maintenance fee.] FISH receives a major amount for fresh, frozen, and refrigerated foods twice a week from GROCERS AGAINST HUNGER program sponsored by Philabundance. To learn more Click on the following link PHILABUNDANCE
LOCAL SUPER MARKETS, such as Giant and Landis, are generous in supplying baked goods, bags, gift cards and other products for distribution to those in need in the Pennridge School District.
Donated food comes primarily from local churches, schools, businesses, individuals, fraternal organizations, scouts and the postal food drive.
There are two primary food drives each year:
- UNITED WAY OF BUCKS COUNTY coordinates Operation Helping Hand where school children bring food to school to be picked up by local pantries. This drive usually takes place in early March.
- POSTAL FOOD DRIVE - the Perkasie and Sellersville post offices collect food and deliver it to Pennridge FISH on the Saturday prior to Mother's Day each May.
Secondary Food Drives that are supported by various groups and organizations include:
- HARVEST HOME various churches in the Fall
- "SOUPER" BOWL various church youth groups on Super Bowl Sunday the collect canned soup.
- SCOUTING THANKSGIVING DRIVE - different scouting Packs and Troops collect food.